Terms and Conditions
The purchase of products through this web page is governed by these terms and conditions. By accessing the site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We also abide by the Distance Selling Regulations available to read here.
1. The information contained within this web site and online store are, to the best of our knowledge, correct at the time of publishing. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the prices and sizes are accurate to specification, British Beef Jerky (UK) Ltd reserves the right to change, modify, substitute or remove without notice any information on this site.
2. All goods must be paid for with the order, unless prior arrangements have been made. We reserve the right to refuse delivery if payment is not made. All goods remain the property of British Beef Jerky (UK)Ltd until payment is made in full. All rights including without limitation copyright, design and trademark rights in the website are owned by British Beef Jerky (UK)Ltd. All goods must be paid for in British Pounds, GBP, £
3. The products supplied from this web site are supplied by British Beef Jerky (UK)Ltd, trading as www.britishbeefjerky.co.uk. British Beef Jerky (UK)Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales (reg. Number 5075298) and the registered office address is No. 2 Eshottheugh, Felton, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE65 9QH.
4. Product prices, where relevant, are inclusive of VAT. - British Beef Jerky (UK) Ltd V.A.T registration number 842 7520 29. VAT is applied to shipping costs ONLY. Jerky and Biltong are non-VATable.
5. All orders are subject to acceptance by British Beef Jerky Ltd. In the unlikely event that products are unavailable, or where there have been errors in pricing, we may have to decline an order. In this case we will advise you as soon as possible and ask for your instructions.
6. Neither you nor British Beef Jerky (UK)Ltd will be liable for any delay or failure to perform our respective obligations under this contract due to any cause beyond our reasonable control including without limitation any act of God, strike, lock out, trade dispute, traffic accident or any act or omission of any government or regulatory authority.
7. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
8. Orders are not accepted from persons under the age of 18 years old. By placing an order you demonstrate that you are over such an age. Where you place an order and are under that age you are in breach of contract. The holder of the credit or debit card that you use will be fully liable for all sums charged.
9. These terms and conditions and all disclaimers and other material on our website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
10. Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it.
11. Special instructions requested by any customer such as (leave in porch if no one home) will be done with the understanding that if such parcel goes missing we can not be held liable for such loss. We will do what we can , if anything , to retrieve the parcel but no guarantee is made.
12. If any order is returned to us, through no fault of our own, we will not be responsible for bearing the cost of re-shipping the order. The cost of re-shipping any order will be the responsibility of the customer or we will refund the cost of the products purchased ONLY and not the cost of the original shipping. Refunds will be refunded through the Debit/Credit card with which the original purchase was made.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- A Warning being issued by Worldpay or PayPal, our payment gateways.
- You can not verify certain credit or debit card information.
- The Billing address you provide to us does not match that which is on record with your credit or debit card issuer.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- Your failure to meet the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms and Conditions.
International Shipping Restrictions
Please contact your local custom authorities regarding shipping restrictions to your country and whether you need prior approval to permit transport of food products. We will ship ONLY to EU member countries:
at the present time, (other then BFPO).
British Beef Jerky ships all international orders with customs forms listing the contents and the value of the package(s). Consequently, since customs charges vary from country to country, recipients of international orders are accountable for all duties, taxes or tariffs as mandated by their country/government.
International Shipping Disclaimer
Due to the complexity of Custom authorities in some countries, shipments may be subject to custom inspections, which might cause unexpected shipment delays. British Beef Jerky assumes no responsibility for delays, import duties, taxes or confiscation of any products by customs inspectors or other personnel; neither do we guarantee delivery time whenever custom delays occur. However, we will try our best to deliver your order to you with maximum effort.
CANCELLATIONS and RETURNS
· All goods should be counted and checked for damages upon receipt, and any shortage or damage should be reported to us by telephone on 0845 226 9363 or 01670 787 778 or email (Contact Us page.) within 48 hrs of delivery. If the Buyer fails to do so the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods.
If the Goods are oral/consumable Goods, once opened they cannot be returned unless faulty. Orders can be cancelled any time prior to shipping.
· Credit may not be given for goods returned without prior agreement from a British Beef Jerky (UK)Ltd. customer service employee.
· No credit or refund will be given for losses due to incorrect storage or use by the customer of any goods supplied by British Beef Jerky (UK)Ltd. British Beef Jerky.
Non faulty Goods returned must be in a new, unopened and resellable condition. The Buyer shall notify the Seller of the proposed return within 7 working days of receiving the Goods and prior consent from the Seller must be approved via e-mail before any Goods are returned. All returns are the responsibility of the Buyer until the returned Goods reach the Seller. Goods to be returned must clearly show the order number of the original purchase on the package.
Refunds and warranties will not be applied to Goods that have been damaged due to misuse, negligence or improper storage.
A refund will only be issued if the returned goods are received in an undamaged, unopened and resellable condition.
No claims will be entertained unless the above conditions are adhered to.
We highly recommend that items are returned via a Recorded Delivery service as we do not accept responsibility for items lost in the post. It is the Buyers responsibility to ensure the goods are adequately packaged to ensure that they are not damaged during return transit.
All complaints are dealt with equally and fairly. We will respond to all complaints within 72hrs, usually the same day. Where possible we aim to resolve all complaints immediately and at the most within two working days. Any customer details passed to us during this process are kept confidential, and we will keep you fully informed during the complaint process. To contact customer service please write to the address shown on the (Contact Us page.)